Wednesday, March 04, 2009

A Plan of Attack

This the hummingbird family that built a nest in the tree right outside my window.  It is the tiniest little nest ever and there are 2 birds in there!  It is probably the size of half a tennis ball.

Here is my Potty Chart.  Mom made it and is very proud of her artistic capabilities- thus posting a picture of it.

Mom thinks it is a pretty sad comment on her life when she looks forward to going to the dentist because she gets to lie down for an hour.
Anyhooo- We have had an interesting week.  Well, interesting if you are the parent of a toddler.
First of all, I have a long standing dislike of small, round foods- i.e. corn, beans, rice etc.  (I will eat blueberries though).  Well, last night, not only did I eat all of my Israeli couscous, but I ate half of mom's and half of dad's, all the while rubbing my tummy and saying "YUM!  THIS IS SO GOOD!!"  Mom is now telling me it was corn hoping that I will eat some of that small round food.  She was very excited about that.

Mom has also come up with a plan of attack for the potty training thing and we had a small bit of success!  After pestering all her mom friends, reading the internet etc., she formed a plan of attack.  I now have a "Jordan Goes Potty" Chart.  I get to put a sticker on it every time I get on the potty.  I love stickers and caught on pretty quick.  I earned 3 stickers in about 2 minutes this morning because I ran and sat on the potty.  Only one of those trips produced anything.  Once I get 5 stickers, I get a prize from the Potty Party Bag.  Ooooh- I'm so close!
I also got to wear my big girl undies again.  I had a small accident but we caught it in time and I managed to finish on the pot- another sticker earned!  Woo-hoo!
Mom is trying not to get to excited but overall, it was a good first day and only one load of laundry.
Well- off to bed so mom can lie down for a long time!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

are we going to get to meet you this year? are you going to watch your daddy race this weekend? we'll be out there to watch mum friday but probably not saturday. too early. maybe sunday. hope to see you soon. good luck with the potty thing. jamo's not even close.