Wednesday, July 22, 2009

From the Mouth of Babes

It continues to be hot and gross here and mom is crabby again.  Dad is in Boston for business until Sunday and he is crabby too because he isn't having any fun either.  I, too am crabby and giving mom a run for her money.  We are having a great time!
Mom has been stressing about life in general these days and was unloading on me on our ride from school on Monday.  So, I thought about a bit and my advice was "Don't worry about it mom.  Everything will be alright."  And you know what?  I think she listened to me because she has been much calmer and sleeping much better.  I think she realized that in that in the grand scheme of things, there really isn't anything to worry about.
I also tell her quite frequently "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit!"  She uses that one a lot with me and occasionally puts it to use with other people.  It is a very useful phrase- try it sometime!

Here's hoping your week is better than ours!

No comments: