Happy 4th of July! We had a fabulous time and a relaxing weekend.
We spent Friday night enjoying the rain and thunder. It is a good thing we knew to enjoy it because it is supposed to be up to 109 degrees next week- yuck!
On Saturday, we did our usual exercise routine and then dad and I got some quality time together. We went to the bookstore because I had been asking for more Curious George books. While we were gone, mom got sneaky and purged my room of all the old stuff I don't play with anymore. I don't even really miss it, thank goodness! Mom was also busy making vanilla ice cream and an apple tart for dinner.
I actually took a nap that afternoon in preparation for staying up late and watching fireworks. We had a great dinner of hot dogs, corn on the cob, watermelon, chips, ice cream and apple tart. Dad was a little sick from all that stuff but it was worth it.
Finally, finally it was fireworks time. I was a little un-nerved at first. The fireworks were loud and "made my ears scared" but I got over that pretty quick and had a great time!
Mom and I did some yard work and worked up a good sweat and we all went swimming when dad got home. Oooooo- the water was perfect!
We ate some lunch and then headed out to the movies. We saw Monsters and Aliens. It was OK- not my favorite. Mom and dad were a little lonely because I didn't sit with them. I sat in the seat in front of them and was just happy as a clam. (Just an FYI, the theater was practically empty so it wasn't like I was sitting with strangers either. Please don't call child protective services on mom and dad!) I am quite the independent little thing, no?
Grandma Sue stopped by for a bit this afternoon and then I was into bed by 6:30. This whole no nap thing kind of ruins my evening!
Have a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment