Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Belated Happy New Year!

Our deepest apologies to our fans in blog land, especially you Uncle Adam! We have not blogged for record 10 days. We have not been busy, just lazy, tired, grumpy and boring. A blog posted under those conditions does not make for fun reading, so we spared you all. But, we are back on schedule (I think!). We are kind of hoping that 2010 is a better year than 2009 but it is starting out kind of slow. Maybe it will be like the Ides of March- in like a lion and out like a lamb. Onward with our post....

Our New Year's Eve was pretty lame this year. Mom has vowed never again will we have a New Year's Eve as bad as this past one. I was in bed by 8. Mom and dad were both on the cranky side and somehow ended up watching the most depressing show ever created on the History Channel. Mom finally snapped out of it and went to bed......at 9:30 with dad not to far behind that. Not a good way to ring in the new decade. One of mom's 80 year old patients made later than she and dad did. Sad.


New Year's day dawned much better. Since we were all very well rested, we were up bright and early. Dad headed out for his first ride of the year while mom restarted her New Year's Day hiking tradition with me. We headed out to the desert for a nice 1.5 mile hike with a rest stop halfway through for Goldfish crackers and water. It was a great morning for a hike but definitely on the cold side for mom.
We spent the rest of the day recovering from our crazy night out. After dinner, we all got out our laptops and proceeded to compute the night away. Dad was searching for bike parts, I was on Disney.com and mom was probably on FaceBook. She obviously wasn't blogging though! Dad thought we looked like quite the techno family and snapped this picture of us.
On Saturday, we had my friend Madeline and her parents over for homemade pizza and movies. Madeline and I had an awesome time watching movies on my DVD player, drawing pictures, playing with my dolls and cars and running at 90 miles an hour around the house. The grown ups pretty much ignored us which was fine with me.

We had yet another quiet day on Sunday. Mom had to put this picture in because she thinks I'm just brilliant. I decided to make a rocket ship out of my new slinky. In order to make a rocket, I decided it needed "steam" coming out the bottom so I found a piece of paper, colored it and made mom tape it to the bottom. Aren't I the smartest thing to walk this planet?? Mom thinks so- I've seen "early-entry" applications to M.I.T. sitting on the counter. Wonder what that means?
We hope everyone has a healthy, happy New Year with many blessings. We'll see you on Sunday, I promise!

No comments: