Sunday, January 10, 2010

It'll get better soon

2010 is not shaping up to be a great year so far. I had a tough time getting back into the groove of things, mom had a tough week at work and dad just didn't want to go back to his work after 2 weeks off. THEN, after everyone was looking forward to the weekend, mom comes down with a yucky cold and has just had a generally miserable weekend. No place to go but up!
We did manage to have some fun though in spite of the above paragraph. On Friday, we met our friends Brian and Christina and baby Camryn for dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant. We had a fun time and both of us girls were really well behaved. Yeah us!

On Saturday, I finally let mom and dad sleep in until 6:30AM. That is practically noon considering I've been up at 5 for the past 2 weeks. After a slow start to the morning, mom managed to drag herself and her kleenex box out of bed and took me to the zoo. It was a great morning because it was nice and cool and all the animals were out and about.
We came home and mom took a nap and dad and I went out run some errands.
On Sunday, I didn't get up until 7!! Mom and dad were beside themselves with excitement. Mom and I spent another quiet morning and then we made a family trip to the bookstore in the afternoon. Mom and I were reading about planets (one of my new favorite subjects) so I pointed out Mars and told her that "they just found water on Mars, you know." Of course, I'm sure she didn't know. That's why I told her.
I hope everybody (including us!) has a fabulous week! Taa!

No comments: