Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Heart Day everyone! We had such a nice relaxing weekend and we are all that much better for it.
Friday was such a fun day for me. Dad took me into school a little later because he had the day off work. I got to take in all my valentines for my friends and teachers and we had a big party with sugar pretty given to us intravenously all day.
Dad had his first bike race of the season starting on Friday. He had the time trial on Friday up in Phoenix and got home around 5. We were all a little tired and strung out on sugar and caffeine so we just had a quiet night at home.
On Saturday, dad was up at O'dark thirty to head up to Phoenix for the road race. Mom and I geared for another day of sugar and pizza. We had two birthday parties to go to on opposite sides of town. Our first party was for our friends Brian and Christina's baby Camryn. That was at a pizza place with lots of video games, prizes, screaming kids and just general noise. After that, we loaded into the car and drove for 40 minutes to get to Caroline's birthday party. I had a great time at both parties but mom appreciated Caroline's party a little more because it was relatively quiet. That is a little crazy considering there were 6 four year olds running around, but it is the truth.

I got Caroline a Hungry Hippo game which kind of shattered the serenity of the day but as Caroline's dad pointed out, we got to leave the game there and go to our quiet house.
I was thoroughly exhausted after all that fun and headed to bed early.


On Sunday, after all the junk food on Saturday, mom and I headed out to the farmer's market and we bought all kinds of healthy stuff for us to munch on. I ate almost a pint of strawberries while I was there. So very good. Mom even got me to take a couple bites of a radish before I decided they were "yucky".


Since it was such a spectacular day, we were inspired to head out to our own garden to see how it was doing. Mom is continually fascinated by our winter garden. She had no idea that this is what broccoli looked liked on the stalk. We also planted some brussels sprouts and mom kept looking and looking for the brussels sprouts and never could find them. She was going to pull the plants out today and low and behold, underneath all the leaves, there were the brussels sprouts! Oh goody. I don't really like brussels sprouts so I was kind of hoping she wouldn't find them.

Sunday night, Grandma Sue came over to babysit so mom and dad could have a nice dinner out by themselves. We had a great time as always and mom and dad came home fat and happy.
Dad is heading out to Washington D.C. tomorrow for work, so mom and I will be keeping each other company. Good fun, huh?
I hope everyone had a wonderful, happy day!

No comments: