Sunday, February 07, 2010

Joy and Pain...Sunshine and Rain

It was kind of a crazy mixed up weekend for us and mom still feels a bit discombobulated but onward we go!
Friday, we went out to dinner at our usual sandwich shop because I'm all over the grilled cheese sandwich lately.

After that, we went to Lowe's to get the last of the flooring for mom and dad's room. That was a lot of fun there. I spent some quality time chatting up our check out girl. I told her I just LOVED her hair and then I told her I had a ponytail and whipped my head around to show her. She was very nice. Then, because I was so good and because mom and dad wanted some too, we went to the gelato place. They have a yummy new flavor, spicy chocolate, that mom really liked. I stuck with my usual bubblegum flavor. We came home and I helped mom and dad move all the furniture out of their room to get ready for the flooring.

We woke up to a beautiful day on Saturday. Mom went out for her run and then when it warmed up a bit we headed out to the "river" near our house. Mom loves this time of year because we almost have "beach front property" with all the snow melt coming down from the mountain.
The water was a little chilly but it we had such a great time that we spent most of the morning out there. It was also a little doggie heaven right here on earth and by the time we left, there were about 15 dogs running around in the water and fetching sticks. They were tons of fun to watch.
I pretty much wore myself out building sand castles. By the time we got home, dad was hard at work on the floors and was thoroughly enjoying himself. I finally hit the sack about 8 and was EXHAUSTED. I fell asleep, literally before my head hit the pillow. That, however, was short lived as I woke everyone up at 12:30AM crying and saying my tooth and then my ear hurt. Mom and dad took turns trying to get me to sleep until about 2:30 when mom decided I probably just didn't want to be alone so we slept in the guest room together. That was nice and I slept great. Mom, not so much.


We woke up to a rainy, rainy, cold morning on Sunday. Mom and I headed out to church and it was a doozy this morning. Father Harry was more long winded than usual and it ended up being an hour and half mass. Good thing I was at the "toy store". I was quite happy there with no sign of tooth or ear pain. After church, mom and I headed out to a big fossil show that was part of the Gem and Mineral show so I could see some real live dinosaur bones. My favorite was the triceratops. We didn't last to long there. Mom quickly realized that a tired pre-schooler does not belong around million year old fragile fossils. We got some good pictures though.


I spent the rest of the day watching movies and laying low as I was still kind of tired from the night before. We did get to harvest our first orange from our little tree and it wasn't half bad. Here's hoping for a good night's sleep for everyone! Ta!

No comments: