Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My Tarnished Halo

I have had a baaad week. There is just no other way to put it out there. I'm not to worried about it but mom and dad have been lecturing, lecturing for 2 days now.
My troubles started on Monday at school. I absolutely, positively did not want to take a nap and by golly, Ms. Chelsea was NOT going to make me take one. I would not stay on my nap mat like she asked and finally got so tired of her telling me what to do (just like every other person in my life!) that I threw things at her and said mean things to her. I usually reserve that behavior just for mom but Ms. Chelsea got the delux treatment this time. Well, that little outburst earned me a Yellow Card on the Behavior Chart. That just ticked me off even more and by the time mom came to pick me up in the afternoon, it was all over for me. Mom was not overly thrilled with the report and she made me say "sorry" to Ms. Chelsea and then we talked about what to do when we are grumpy. All I heard was "blah, blah, blah". You would think it would have been over then but mom made me tell dad what I did when he got home. I got another lecture which sounded a lot like "blah, blah, blah" again.
Tuesday was a little better because at least I didn't get a yellow card but I did get in trouble for not cleaning up my mess at the block station. All my friends had to clean up for me. In my defense though, I was pretty danged tired and collapsed onto my nap mat and fell right asleep for an hour. Soooo- I got another lecture on the way home but I managed to render mom speechless for a minute with "I have to know the rules to follow the rules, mom". She wasn't quite sure what to say to that. Aaahhh... a little peace and quiet!
Today was a much better day for me. It started out a little rough because today is supposed to be pancake Wednesday but Ms. Becky, our cook, was off. Ms. Gloria, the director, was in charge of food today and I don't think she knows how to make pancakes because we had to have Cheerios for breakfast. Pooh, I say! We did end up having a good day with green pudding, cucumbers, green milk and green cookies for snack today. We made lots of green projects too. And to top the whole day off, I ate and actually kind of liked the corned beef mom made for dinner!
Mom and I are off to Albuquerque on Friday, leaving dad to his lonesome for 4 days. Mom expects all kinds of household projects to be done but dad says the only thing that will get done is a deeper divot in the couch cushion. Go dad!

Oh yeah, my allergy blood work came back and I'm still allergic to peanuts. We see our allergist tomorrow for the details.

No comments: