Sunday, September 16, 2007

Grandparents (and Uncles)!!

This was a very family kind of weekend. First things first though. I had my 15 month checkup (a little late) on Friday. I am 22 pounds, 4 oz (50th percentile), 31 inches tall (75th percentile) and head circumference 47.5 cm (90th(!) percentile). Mom and dad are little shocked about the head thing. We think the nurse got it wrong- she wasn't our usual nurse. Anyway, the doctor thought I was doing really well and was impressed that I'm putting 2 words together now- "My baby", which sounds more like "ma baba" and "bye bye, daddy". After the doctors appointment, I came home and slept for almost 3 and half hours. I didn't even get shots today. Mom was a little worried at first, googling descriptions of West Nile Virus and Malaria. Once she figured I didn't have any of those things and she saw I was still breathing, she didn't quite know what to do with herself. Thankfully, the Walker clan arrived to start our fun filled football weekend. They drove in from Albuquerque to watch the University of New Mexico play the U of A in the football showdown of the century. It was nice to wake up from my nap and see someone besides mom. It took just a little getting used to but then I went on a tear. It is so fun to show off! For dinner, we celebrated mom's birthday (does this woman ever quit?! Enough birthday fun already) by ordering pizza and drinking beer (adults only) and eating cupcakes. I LOVE frosting. The cake part was a little dry for my palate.
The next day, I woke up and the Walkers were still here, so I got to play and play some more. Mom, dad and Uncle Adam went up to the Apple store to spend some money, Mr. Walker went to get his hair cut and I hung out with Nana D. She was so excited to finally have some alone time with me but I fell asleep, while she was dancing with me. Again, I slept for 3 hours. I woke up in time to find everyone getting ready to head out for the football game. Jesse came over to babysit and I crashed by 7. The football game was a great match up between two pretty bad football teams. UNM turned out to be the less bad team and won by 2 points. It is a good thing because Mr. Walker was wondering why they drove this whole way to watch bad football.
The Walkers left Sunday morning and mom and dad just hung out because I again slept for almost 3 and half hours. In the afternoon, Papa Vern and Grandma Sue came over to celebrate Papa's birthday (finally, not Mom's). Dad made really good chicken tacos and I got more cake and ice cream for desert. I'm making up for lost time since I didn't get cake for my birthday. We also got to talk to Uncle Tim, Aunt Dana and cousin Brooke on the video phone. That is always a good time as Brooke and I are constantly on the go.
Have a good week!

No comments: