Yuck- it was a very windy weekend- all day Saturday and Sunday, just blew and blew and blew. Kind of made us crabby.
Dad did get home OK just 12 hours later than planned. He was more than a little irritated by his middle seat and the big, sweaty guy sitting next to him who kept raising his arm to air out his armpits (Seriously!!) Gross. Luckily, he had Friday off so he and I got to spend the whole day together. We went to the hardware store and then the mall play area I was an absolute crazy woman. I'm no longer the smallest one there and I show no mercy. I think it was good mom wasn't there to see me in action. I might have embarrassed her!
Friday night we went out to dinner and I ate a whole chicken breast, 2 pieces of pizza and half of our bread pudding dessert. So yummy.
Saturday was pretty quiet. Papa Vern came to visit for awhile and mom and dad cleaned the house. I took a 3 hour nap because there was nothing else to do.
On Sunday, mom and I went to the bookstore and played with the trains while dad was in a bike race. Another enjoyable ride in 30 mile an hour wind and 90 degree heat!
I took another 3 hour nap and then we went for swim. Mom and dad are not in for a relaxing summer as far as the pool is concerned. I was off and on my floaty raft every 2 seconds and wanting to jump in from the side every other 2 seconds. I think they were hoping I would float quiet and zen like on my raft. HA!
Have a great week!
1 comment:
Jordan-
Have your Mom talk to my Dad about my "floaty suit" that I wore all last summer. It makes pooltime AWESOME and slightly less stressful for the 'rents.
Post a Comment