Sunday, April 26, 2009

The County Fair!

We had a good weekend around here.  After a crazy, busy week of dad not getting home until 6 every night, it was good to relax.  But, since I know everyone was worried about me and my swimming, you all should know that Thursdays lessons were much better.  Mom and my teacher had a little chat before class which made mom feel better.  I had another little boy in my session, so that helped out a lot plus, mom left the area on her own accord.  I kicked, blew bubbles and froggy dived with the best of them!

So we headed out to the county fair on Saturday and I had a fabulous time!  I saw all kinds of animals, ate a snow cone, pizza, ice cream and chocolate milk.  Life is good.

Here I am with mom learning how to milk a cow because mom has so much experience with that.  I had to complete a whole bunch of activities like picking fruits off trees and digging veggies out of the garden.  When I was done, I had my choice of a ribbon, a pencil or chocolate milk.  I live by the rule of "When offered chocolate, take it!"








Here mom and I are on the roller coaster.  LOVED IT!  Mom and I laughed through the whole thing!













Mom was having so much fun, she kind of forgot about me.  I am there, she just took over.















Hmmm- think we're related?




















Mr. Walker, this one is for you!  We also saw a yellow one.

















We got home about 4 and I was kind of a bear the rest of the afternoon and was in bed not to much later.  I slept hard which was good for dad because mom was out on the town helping a friend celebrate her birthday.  She made it all the way to 11 o'clock.  Whew- what does that even look like?

On Sunday, mom and I walked to the bagel shop and got some breakfast and headed over to the park to enjoy the nice, cool morning.  I spent a lot of the morning chasing birds away.  At one point, I tripped, fell, rolled a little bit all the while holding my bagel out of harms way.  I bounced right up, held my bagel up and said "I'm OK and my bagel is still clean!"  I know what is important in life!
Mom had to go into work for few hours in the afternoon, so dad and I went to see Grandma Sue and took her out to lunch.  I had a great time- grandma played cars with me all afternoon and I got 2 beanie babies which I insisted on sleeping with tonight.
Back to the grind tomorrow!

No comments: