Monday, May 04, 2009















This Floyd Landis- mom is kind of partial to him but I was to distracted to get his autograph.














Here is the pack of racers in the criterion. Lance is in there somewhere- I swear!














See, we really did see Lance and I got a pretty good picture with him. He has kind of a big head though!















Here I am with our friend Lisa- she is pretty stellar cyclist herself

We had quite the busy weekend here. Mom wasn't around for most of it but dad and I had a good time.
On Friday, we all jumped in the pool for our first swim of the season. The water was still way to cold for us (78 degrees!) so we cheated a little and turned the heater to the hot tub on. We cranked it up to 90 (s0unds hot but it is really oh-so-comfy) and I had the best time ever. We practiced all my kicks, blowing bubbles, swimming underwater etc. I have absolutely no fear of the water which mom really isn't all that excited about. Since I have no fear, I have no limitation- in my mind- so everyone is extra vigilant around me now.
On Saturday, mom had to go to a conference all day. Dad and I had a much better time. The Tour of the Gila is a bike race in Silver City, NM. It is usually a pretty good race but this year, it was even better because Lance Armstrong was there along with Floyd Landis, Levi Leipheimer and Chris Horner. We packed up the car and drove 3 hours to watch some pretty good racing. I was great during the drive- I even got to pee in the great outdoors when we couldn't find a rest stop. I think that was the best part! We got to Silver City in time to wander around some, watch Lance come out of his huge, super bus and watch Floyd come out of his mini-van (how far he has fallen!) and then watch the criterion race. Dad got me own cow bell for ringing and I got the hang of that pretty quick. It was VERY crowded but we managed to find mom's friend Lisa from work and hung out with her for awhile.
We made the long drive home and pretty much headed straight to bed.
On Sunday, mom got day 2 of her conference and dad and I just hung around the house and relaxed. That night, grandma Sue came over and mom and dad had a date night. They went out to dinner with their neighbors and then to see STOMP. Such a great show and so fun! If you haven't seen it- make sure you do!
Have a great week!

No comments: