We had yet another fun, fun weekend! I'm so proud of mom and dad. Dad finished closing in our built in bookshelf and got the TV hung. Then he and mom rearranged the whole house because they were bored. Normally, they would have just bought a new house instead but they kind of like this one and are stuck here for awhile.
Saturday night, we went to mom's boss' house for a huge halloween party. That is the boss lady in orange in the picture. Halloween is her favorite holiday and she and her poor husband spend a month getting the house ready for this big party. I got to hang with Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie, Dick Cheney, a basball player, a giraffe, a bowler, a devil, 2 balding engineers (who were hitting on Paris and Nicky). I got to dance a little to the band. I just loved it and was bright eyed and taking it all in all night. I made to about 8:30! Woo-hoo.
Sunday night, mom and dad had a bunch of people over for a "fall fiesta". Mom made pumpkin soup (served in real pumpkin bowls- never again!) and a mixed grain pilaf, Edy and Rob brought cornish game hens, Lisa brought stuffed eggplant, Shari brought a huge salad and Nancy brought a yummy chocolate torte. What a bunch of good cooks! Mom continues to be amazed at how adaptable I am. I sat at the table through dinner, watching everyone, contributing to the conversation when appropriate and laughing when appropriate. I especially loved Shari and her boyfriend Neil. Thankfully, they seemed to like me back. Neil liked to make funny faces and funny noises at me. That was pretty amuzing!
Dad had his doctor's appointment today. He got the brace off and the doctor told him to start pushing it some and told him he could ride his bike if he could tolerate it. You should have seen mom's face at that news. It is still swollen, he can't bend it more than 70 degrees, can barely get his hand on the steering wheel of the car but SURE, go ahead and ride your bike!
No comments:
Post a Comment