Sunday, October 22, 2006

Social Butterflies

So this weekend ended up being a lot of fun. Dad went off to Las Vegas for a bachelor party for the weekend. Apparently, his luck wasn't so good because he says now it is a public school, 2 year vocational college and a bike instead of a car for my 16th birthday. Hhmmppff. He did win ten dollars at the airport though.
On Friday, mom and I went shopping for a steamer pot and then mom spent all afternoon re-arranging the kitchen so she could find a place for it. That night, we met Christina for pizza at Sauce. I decided the party needed to be done about 7:30. I made a little scene and mom decided it was time to go when the man at the next table kept looking at us. What?! As great-grandma Walker says- you can't keep it in!
On Saturday, mom got a real night out for a bachelorette party. Grandma Sue and Grandpa Vern came over to babysit. Mom almost didn't go because I was crying real tears. It kind of put a damper on her evening but surprize, surprize- the grandparents handled it just fine. You would think they had kids before. I went to bed without any fuss and was just very good overall.
On Sunday, mom got us up early (5:15AM) so we could participate in the 5K fun run/walk that her hospital puts on. It was a beautiful day here and we had fun walking with all of mom's work friends and their kids. There is a 10 mile run part also and mom may get bold and try that next year. For some reason, she didn't have much time to train this year.
I have round 2 of the daycare crud. I've been sleeping most of the day (whew! says mom) and mom has been chasing me with a kleenex the rest of the time. Mom and dad are just counting the days until they get it.

No comments: